ROAR IC GT8 Rules update
1. Engine: SEE 9.3 of ROAR~ any .21 size 5 port engine or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.) For level 3 and below events only. Level 4 and above events any .21 5 port motor only
1. Max carb bore 7mm
2. Pipes: ROAR guidelines.
1. Rubber extensions to stinger OK
2. No internal moving parts”.
3. Chassis: Any 1/8 scale buggy or Truggy based shaft driven nitro powered vehicle. (Any off-road conversion is OK) with front kick up.
1. Chassis with Kick up cannot be altered to change original manufacturers design.
2. Stock and factory optional chassis are permitted, but it must retain all the characteristics of the standard off-road chassis on which it’s based. Chassis must be identical to their off-road counterparts in all dimensions except where it’s necessary to convert the chassis for on-road use. Carbon fiber chassis are not permitted.
3. For 2014 season only Ofna and Team C racing flat chassis are allowed. Starting in 2015 All chassis must have front kick up flat chassis will no longer be allowed. 4. Body: Any commercially available factory licensed replicas of ALMS, GT1 or GT2, Super GT, DTM, and V8 Supercar Cars. Licensed Bodies required for ROAR Competition starting 1/1/2015. For 2014 any commercially available body that resembles a GT body. Body must be a 2 seater with 2 doors. 1. Sports Cars: Closed wheel cars designed specifically for racing in full-size series. Engine Head may not protrude above body.
A) Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines.
B) All wheel wells must be cut out and rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and cannot be completely cut out. Wings must be attached to the body.
C) No wedge style Bodies
D) All body approvals will be subject to scrutiny of the respective or collective advisory
committees regarding compliance to the “spirit of the rules.” An objective evaluation
shall determine the status of each submission based on the adherence to the said rule
E) • Bodies must be factory licensed replicas of the aforementioned street or race cars, but no “race-only” bodies are permitted. Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted.
F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent. Bodies must have headlight and grill detail.
• Transmission: Single speed or two-speed only. Single speed configurations must include a solidly mounted spur gear to a standard bevel gear center differential or a solid spool (no one-way bearing). No other differential types will be permitted.
• Two-speed transmissions must use an automatic centrifugal shifting mechanism that is not remotely adjustable or programmable. Because of the nature of the two-speed transmission design, no center differential is required, but the transmission must include a solid center shaft that doesn’t allow differential action between the front and rear drive assemblies.
Clutch: Only buggy based 2, 3, or 4 shoes systems No radial type clutches (Centex)
• A shaft-drive system with two gear-type open differentials are required.
• No one-ways, spools, locking “Torsion-type,” or externally adjustable differentials are permitted. The gear diffs can be tuned only with the use of silicone-based fluid.
• Identical F/R drive ratios are required – no F/R under drive/overdrive permitted.
• A single speed mounted to a center spool, or an included two-speed transmission are permitted.
• The drivetrain shall be a center shaft system with ring and pinion gears driving the differentials.
• Shaft-drive only – belt driven cars are not permitted. The drive system must maintain the same features as used in the original off-road configuration except where noted, including the center differential/two speed transmission with separate front and rear center drive shaft’s.
• Only standard mechanical brakes are permitted – hydraulics are not permitted. Up to two brake discs are permitted anywhere on the center driveshaft’s. Brakes may not be located on the outboard axles.
Fuel Tank: Up to 150cc max fuel capacity
Wheels: • Wheels must use a 17mm hex hub consistent with the dimensions and function of the hubs used in 1/8 off-road racing. The wheel must be affixed by a 17mm wheel nut, threaded on to the hex hub. Quick change mechanisms are not permitted.
• Dish wheels are not permitted. No more than 30-percent of the face of the wheel may be solid. The wheel “face” will be defined as all areas of the wheel between the mounting bead and the center mounting hole.
Tires: Rubber Tires only – (maximum width: 47mm) Traction compound: OK
• Tires must be “production” tires – hand cut tires or those not available to the general public are not permitted. “Available” is defined as having been sold to consumers a minimum of 30 days prior to the official start of the event. Tires must be molded rubber – no foam tires are permitted in any class.
• Spec tires chosen by ROAR will be mandatory at all level 4 and level 5 events. Input from the host facility regarding favored compounds for track conditions will be considered, but the final decision on spec tires will remain with ROAR. The best interests of the racers will be the overriding criteria in choosing a proper spec tire. Financial, sponsorship, and/or business relationships of the host facility cannot be considered.
• All races must be completed on the same tires used to start each race (qualifying and finals). Tire changes are not permitted except when a wheel and/or tire are determined by the race director or a ROAR official, to be damaged. Excessive tire wear does not constitute damage
Weight: Minimum dry weight of 3500 grams (with body and all four tires on the) vehicle)
Item Limit Specification
Length (B) Maximum TBD
Width Maximum 310 mm
Height (measured with suspension fully compressed Maximum 250 mm
Wheelbase (a) Maximum 379 mm
Minimum 270 mm
Weight Minimum 3500 grams
Wheels Mounting Bead Diameter Maximum 79.00 mm / 83.50 mm
Overall Diameter Maximum 88.50 mm
Width Maximum 44.45 mm
Tires Diameter Maximum 119.22 mm
Maximum 109.22 mm
Width Maximum 46.99 mm
Rear Wing Side dam Length Maximum TBD
Height Maximum TBD
Chord Maximum TBD
Width Maximum 217 mm